CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill. – State Rep. Suzanne Ness, D-Crystal Lake, is joining with state Rep. Anna Moeller, D-Elgin, to honor the heroic contributions of health care professionals with a Valentine’s Day card drive.
Starting Monday, Jan. 23, their offices partnered with the Elgin Math & Science Academy, the YMCA, the Boys and Girls Club of Dundee, and schools and teachers from District 155 to make Valentine’s cards for health care workers to show appreciation for all they do for their communities.
“Valentine’s cards from local kids would be a wonderful surprise for the men and women who have given so much to our community,” Ness said. “Parents are, I’m sure, acutely aware of the extensive contributions health care workers made to our community during the recent pandemic. Simple gestures like a Valentine’s card can go a long way towards showing our appreciation. I encourage parents to help your kids contribute.”
Valentine’s cards can be dropped off through Feb. 10 at these locations:
- Taylor Branch YMCA – 50 N McLean Blvd #50, Elgin, IL 60123
- Main Branch of the Gail Borden Library – 270 N. Grove Ave, Elgin, IL 60120
- Representative Anna Moeller’s office – 164 Division St. #103, Elgin, IL 60120
- Fox River Valley Public Library – 555 Barrington Ave, East Dundee, IL 60118
- Algonquin Area Public Library – 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102
-Specific drop-off dates are Feb. 6 through Feb. 10
- Representative Suzanne Ness’ office – 20 S. Grove St. #103, Carpentersville, IL 60110
On Monday, Feb. 13, the two state legislators’ offices will be delivering the cards submitted and 300 carnations to the doctors and nurses who work at four local health care facilities: Advocate Sherman Hospital, the VNA, Oak Street Health and Greater Family Health. Deliveries will begin at 5 a.m. starting at Advocate Sherman.
Anyone with questions can contact Ness’s district office at 224-484-8620 or email@example.com.