ROCKFORD, Ill. – As part of efforts to recognize Women’s History Month, state Rep. Dave Vella, D-Rockford, is meeting with women entrepreneurs and encouraging residents to shop local and support women-owned businesses in the Rockford region.
“Our area is home to many passionate, incredibly talented women who have chosen to invest in our community,” Vella said. “These visits are always a great opportunity to talk one-on-one with shop owners, and discuss ways that the state can support business and help create jobs.”
This week Vella visited the following businesses and met with owners:
- Thayer Energy Solutions Inc. in Loves Park (owned by Patti Thayer);
- Infinite Soul Vibrations in Rockford (owned by Tamika Brown);
- Sisters Thai Café in Rockford (owned by Chintana Sengchannavong);
- Event Floral in Loves Park (owned by Erin Stoffregen);
- EK Bakery LLC in Belvidere (owned by Erica Simmons; and
- Tad More Tailoring and Alterations in Rockford (owned by Sarene Alsharif).
“I strongly encourage residents, if they have not done so already, to check out these great businesses and support our local job creators,” Vella said. “Particularly as we continue to recover economically from the pandemic, it’s important that we support our region’s diverse selection of businesses.”