NAPERVILLE, Ill. – Local residents are invited to provide feedback and help shape the legislative agenda of state Rep. Janet Yang Rohr, D-Naperville, by attending one of her upcoming Citizens Advisory Committee meetings.
“Getting feedback from local residents on the issues that are most important to them is the most important part of being a state representative,” said Yang Rohr. “I designed my Citizens Advisory Committees as a way for constituents to pick a subject area or areas in which they have a strong interest in and provide the space for them to have a direct seat at the table with me as I am shaping my legislative agenda.”
Yang Rohr is hosting 8 Citizens Advisory Committee meetings in the coming weeks. All the meetings will take place via Zoom and are free and open to the public. Residents who are interested in attending one or more meetings can visit her website at https://www.repyangrohr.com/events.
- Seniors Issues: Tuesday, Nov. 16, 6 p.m.
- Health Care: Tuesday, Nov. 16, 7:30 p.m.
- Women’s Issues: Thursday, Nov. 18, 6 p.m.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Thursday, Nov. 18, 7:30 p.m.
- Environment: Tuesday, Nov. 30, 6 p.m.
- Veterans’ Issues: Tuesday, Nov. 30, 7:30 p.m.
- Economic Development: Tuesday, Dec. 7. 6 p.m.
- Education: Tuesday, Dec. 7 7:30 pm
“These advisory committees bring together residents with different perspectives and experiences who share a common interest in topics that impact our entire community,” said Yang Rohr. “The conversations I’ve had with committee members so far have been invaluable during my first legislative session, and I look forward to maintaining these connections and building on the work we’ve done thus far.”