CHICAGO – State Rep. John D’Amico, D-Chicago, is highlighting the new process being used by the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) for filing unemployment benefit claims during this unprecedented time of claims being filed.
“This pandemic brings with it a lot of uncertainty in these unique times.” said D’Amico. “That’s why it’s more important than ever to ensure that up-to-date information is being communicated to my constituents. Because of the large influx of unemployment claims, the IDES has updated its schedule and procedures for filing claims.”
Because of the unprecedented volume and number of claims, IDES is asking individuals to adhere to the alphabetized schedules below when filing an unemployment benefit claim online or over the phone.
FOR ONLINE CLAIMS:
- Last names A-M will be asked to file their claims on Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.
- Last names N-Z will be asked to file their claims on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays
- Saturdays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window.
- Online claims can be made here: www.ides.illinois.gov
FOR PHONE CLAIMS:
- Last names A-M will be asked to call on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Last names N-Z will be asked to call on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Fridays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window between 7:30am – 6pm.
- IDES Hotline: 1-800-244-5631
“Going weeks without pay would put a financial strain on anyone, especially those who live pay check to pay check,” said D’Amico. “With the expanded access to unemployment benefits, I encourage anyone who may have questions regarding their eligibility to please, use the proper resources, such as the IDES website and the IDES hotline.”
For more information, D’Amico’s constituent service office can be reached at (773) 736-0218 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.