OTTAWA, IL – State Rep. Lance Yednock, D-Ottawa, is highlighting the new process being used by the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) to process the filing of unemployment benefit claims during this unprecedented time of claims being filed.
“During such a difficult time, making sure the most accurate information is getting to those who need it most is extremely significant,” said Yednock. “It is important for everyone to get the assistance they need, and by following this schedule, IDES will be able to efficiently provide assistance and process the wide range of claims to help get Illinois residents the help they deserve.”
Because of the unprecedented volume and number of claims, IDES is asking individuals to adhere to the alphabetized schedules below when filing an unemployment benefit claim online or over the phone.
FOR ONLINE CLAIMS:
- Last names A-M will be asked to file their claims on Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.
- Last names N-Z will be asked to file their claims on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays.
- Saturdays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window.
- Online claims can be made here: www.ides.illinois.gov
FOR PHONE CLAIMS:
- Last names A-M will be asked to call on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Last names N-Z will be asked to call on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Fridays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window between 7:30am – 6pm.
- IDES Hotline: 1-800-244-5631
“Being a working class family already has its obstacles. Going weeks without pay would put a financial strain on anyone,” said Yednock. “With the expanded access to unemployment benefits, I encourage anyone who may have questions regarding their eligibility to please, use the proper resources, such as the IDES website and the IDES hotline.”
For more information, Yednock’s constituent service office can be reached at (815) 324-5055 or by email at StateRepYednock@gmail.com.