“I understand that not all community members are able to visit me at my office, so I want to make sure I’m meeting them at places where they already spend their time,” said Mah. “This includes visiting our wonderful, locally-owned coffee shops to catch patrons picking up a quick caffeine fix or getting some work done.”
Every Friday this winter from 3 to 4 p.m., Mah will visit a different coffee house to meet with residents in an informal setting and discuss state issues over a cup of coffee or tea. Over the next seven weeks, Mah can be found at the following locations:
• Friday, Jan. 10: Back of the Yards Coffee, 2059 W. 47th St.
• Friday. Jan. 17: 8A5E, 1200 W. 35th St.
• Friday, Jan. 24: Step Down Café, 2023 S. Racine Ave.
• Friday, Jan. 31: Tous Les Jours, 2144 S. Archer Ave., Unit A
• Friday, Feb. 7: Bridgeport Coffee, 3101 S. Morgan St.
• Friday, Feb. 14: Intersect Coffee, 1727 W. 18th St.
• Friday, Feb. 21: Butterdough, 3452 S. Western Ave.
“One-on-one conversations with residents are crucial to shaping my legislative agenda and guiding the work I do in Springfield,” said Mah. “I encourage anyone with thoughts or concerns about the direction in which our state is headed to join me for a cup of coffee in the upcoming weeks.”
Mah is serving her second term representing the 2nd District, which includes the Chicago neighborhoods of McKinley Park, Pilsen, Chinatown, Bridgeport, Brighton Park and Back of the Yards. For more information, please contact Mah’s district office at 872-281-5775.