BATAVIA, Ill. – To meet with members of the local community and discuss important issues facing the 49th district, state Rep. Karina Villa, D-West Chicago, is hosting several advisory committees over the summer months.
“To be a strong voice for our local communities it is so valuable for me to hear the thoughts and concerns of the people that I represent directly from them,” said Villa. “I enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with community members through the thoughtful discussions that come from my advisory committees.”
Villa is hosting the following advisory committees during June:
• Seniors on Monday, June 10 at 10 a.m. at Messenger Public Library, located at 113 Oak St. in North Aurora.
• Small Businesses on Friday, June 14 at 8 a.m. at Kindred Coffee Roasters, located at 148 W. Washington St. in West Chicago.
• Mental Health on Wednesday, June 26 at 7 p.m. at the St. Charles Municipal Building, located at 2 E. Main St.
• Education on Thursday, June 27 at 7 p.m. at Villa’s constituent service office, located at 106 W. Wilson St. in Batavia
• Youth on Sunday, June 30 at 1 p.m. at Comfort Inn, located at 1555 E. Fabyan Pkwy. in Geneva.
“My advisory committees are an excellent opportunity for local residents to meet and discuss specific issues that they are concerned about, and discuss ways that we address these issues through legislation and work here in our local communities,” continued Villa. “My advisory committees are free to attend and open to the public, so I encourage local residents to consider stopping by to share their ideas.”