CHICAGO – State Rep. Theresa Mah, D-Chicago, is encouraging local residents and service organizations to submit nominations for the 2019 Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards.
“Countless individuals take time out of their busy lives to help make life a little better for everyone in our community,” Mah said. “I encourage local volunteers to apply for these awards and am truly thankful for the service that each and every volunteer provides.”
Each year the Serve Illinois Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service presents the Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards. These awards recognize individual volunteers through a statewide award program to highlight the importance of volunteerism and community service in the State of Illinois.
Awards are offered for the following categories:
– Adult (19-54 years old)
– AmeriCorps Member (member of an Illinois AmeriCorps national service program)
– Business (a for-profit company)
– Senior (55 years old plus)
– Senior Corps Members (55 years old plus that are members of the national service programs Foster Grandparent Program (FGP), Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), Senior Companion Program (SCP))
– Youth (18 years old or younger)
Nominations for the awards are due by Feb. 15, 2019. For more information about the awards or to submit an application visit www.serve.illinois.gov.